Archaeology in the Park
Hyatt HouseBuilt in 1869 by James MacDonald Hyatt (1831 - 1919) the original house was built of imported brick, The yellow stucco was a later addition. The house became the Lakeview Lodge, or Gray House , and was popular with visitors throughout much of the twentieth century. The main building could accomodate twenty guests, with six housekeeping cottages being a later addition. Bought by the Ministry of Natural Resources in 1972, it was used for some years as a residence for Park student employees.
Click on any image to view/download a higher-resolution version.
For non-profit use only; please respect our image copyright.